Monday, November 5, 2007

Vaso Vagal Reflex Confirmed

Well I had my tilt table test today and it wasn't as frightening as I thought it would be. You are strapped down to a table with a blood pressure cuff on your arm,an EKG machine attached to you, and an IV pumping salt water into your veins. The table tilts almost upright. I stood like this for 20 minutes and I didn't feel ill, so they placed a nitroglycerine tablet under my tongue and as it disolved I started feeling sick . Arms and legs tingling, headache, and upset stomach. I told them and they immediately lowered the table. I started to feel better right away.

The doctor said this confirmed the vaso- vagal syncope as my blood pressure dropped and heartrate decreased. His advice drink a lot of fluids and increase salt in my diet. I see the cardiologist Friday and will tell you what happens. Meanwhile I'll be eating chips and drinking gatorade.

Beth

No comments: