Friday, August 29, 2008

Feeling Better

I really have been feeling a lot better and hope my illness is going away. I never got any answers from doctors or medical tests explaining my episodes of near passing out. For those of you who haven't read my past postings, I was sick almost everyday for about nine months feeling ill and collapsing. Everything triggered my attacks-heat, exercise, stress, even going to the bathroom.

The last test I took was an MRI which showed no abnormalities. I just was approved by my insurance company for an MRA to test the blood flow in my brain. I also have an appointment with an eye doctor this week.

Before last year I was really healthy, going to the gym, hiking and leading a really active lifestyle. This year has been a struggle, feeling weak, scared of my episodes and discouraging all around.

Now I feel pretty good. I have periods of the day where I feel odd, my neck tingles, my eyes feel a little blurry and sometimes my stomach starts this pumping that usually would have made me collapse but now seems to end if I rest.

I am going back to the gym and leading a normal life now.

I have been hearing from some readers who have fainted since they were children and it seems to actually run in some families. They are not alone. I read an article about fainting goats. Who knew?

Beth

No comments: